Wednesday, July 30, 2008

fakawi and phakar

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone."

What defines a great act is an even greater heart. At his point in time, I have in fact transcended rage to succumb to resignation that lives a bitch and if it were easy, there would be hell. Been thinking about what defines an action and beyond the personality that shapes that action. I look into that face in the mirror and what gazes back is the reflection of both defeat and fatigue. Tiredness over the crap that lives keep tossing at you. While mocking you, life also decides to trample you to the ground. What do you do when life spits back into your eyes while you holler before being pushed into a volcanic edge only to have your shoestrings stuck on rocks to be burned by boiling magma?

Every minute is insane. Which brings us to todays topic of fakawi and phakar. Both distinct. Yet similar. Fakawitribe is a group of fanatical bicycle riders that get lost in forests and hence the moniker, "Where the f@#k are we?" (This kinda reminds me of where Shaquille O'Neal, the MDE (most Dominant Ever) once described the term as adding a star before drawing the tic tac toes bit). For all sanity checks, kindly check out the truth here.

Phakar is a Maori term which was poked fun of on Aussie tv in 2005 which drew absolute hilarity for all viewers at home. I still recall the chaotic fun they were trying to poke at the Maori which was never taken kindly. Bad blood Kiwi and Aussies I was told upon reaching Auckland.

What both have in common? Just the tic tac toes and stars salute I have for my dear bimbo.

Till more absurd connections, dezza!


No comments: